we took a way too long break with the barely bridal project, but we’re detremined to get back on track, post the dresses we have, tell the stories, and start working on future shoots.
we’re stepping back into action with Adi Richter who knew what she wanted to spend more money on and what she didn’t. she got married in this beautiful dress and here’s what she has to say about it:
1. So what’s the story?
– I always thought it was a bit too much to spend thousands on a dress that will be used for only a few hours, so when I started looking my goal was not to spend more than $300. I decided that in my wedding it is more important for me to put the emphasis on the people I work with throughout the event, and the dress, well, there are so many dresses, I’m sure i’ll find one that will work.
2. Who made the dress? how long did it take to find/decide/choose?
– after some good hard summer hours, I almost gave up and then entered ‘Magic’, a store on Dizengof, that isn’t aimed specifically for wedding gowns, but that’s where I found mine- simple, not too white, chiffon, and comfortable. And after I decided to buy it, they didn’t mind sewing some lace I brought in.
– all in all, with the lace and alterations, $200.
4. Any regrets?
– no. I would regret spending more than I can afford ;)
5. A wedding dress for you is?
– A dress for an event. The most important event in the world.
Adi and Oz on their wedding day. Photo by Liron Erel
photography: Elad Baranga
make up artist: Ruth Toledo
model: Sivan Mast
the 2015 elections in Israel were extemely interesting for many reasons. When they announced we’re going to elections again after two years, i thought “here we go again” nothings going to change, why should we even bother. But a few things changed my mind. the most important one, was V15, a non partisan political organization calling people to wake up and make israel a better place by bringing back the hope in the political system, going out to vote, and attempting to shift the political conversation more to the left, the more liberal, cultural, peace driven, anti-violence, pro-education side of the map.
I had the incredible opportunity to be part of this amazing team, taking pictures of the activity all over the country, providing the material for Shachar B. Cotani’s graphic design team and the creative department to create powerful messages online, and turning in a few short months from someone who thinks we’re doomed and the elections won’t change anything to someone who travels the country to talk to people and convince them how important it is to go out and vote and to get their friends and family to do the same.
V15’s ultimate goal was not met. Benjamin Netanyahu is still the prime minister of Israel, but the information gathered, the people recruited and the energy levels are just the beginning of something great.
when i first met with Shula and Omer to talk about their wedding, we hardly talked about their wedding, we hardly even talked about wedding photography, we talked for easily two hours maybe even longer without noticing, about food, about cooking, about baking, how they met working in the same restaurant, we went over Omer’s instagram account filled with pictures of amazing and exotic ingredients in the kitchen, I showed them my food blog, showed off my new kitchen, we also talked a little about the punkrock scene, and how I know Shula for about a decade now, about world travel, living abroad, having kids, twerking and dancing on poles.
talking about kids was very relevant for me, because my baby girl was just 4 days old when they came to visit, and Shula made us the most amazingly rich chocolate with chocolate crust pie with caramelized nuts and crunchy toffee. when it was getting late, and it was time to leave, they told me their date and venue and that was it.
the pie Shula made and we only ate after they left was automatically crowned as on of the best pieces of pastry my wife and I can remember and Omer also invited us to dine at the Social Club where he cooks and where we took the pictures and it also received a very warm spot in our hearts, a place we really enjoy returning to for dinner or even just a quick bite and a cocktail.
Shlomit & Omer // The Wedding Highlights from Beard Black Films on Vimeo.
photography: elad baranga / barangapix
additional photography: noa magger
video: beard black films
music: elad ron / zebra music
venue : 7