about six month before Yael and I got married in the Jem’s Beer Factory and we wrote about that dress and that event here, we had to get legally married and decided to go old school. We wore vintage suits and dresses, everyone sported a mustache, we had burekas and marinated herring, it was chill and perfect, much more than we could expect from a visit to the rabbinate.
we asked Yael about her dress and about the wedding.
1. what’s the story behind the dress?
– I looked for something simple that could work well with the Jewish vintage style we were going for at the time we were living in China. actually in China finding a white dress is easy in the summer, but it was already autumn so it wasn’t that easy.
2. where did you get it?
– H&M and I also wanted a top, that we found one night walking home from the supermarket. In Ningbo, you can’t find a cab at 6pm, because everyone is on a supper break, so we walked through the small streets and found the top in a small shop that we’ve never been to before and never been to since. It was sized XL, about the size of a M in Israel.
– the dress was about $40 and the top probably another $50
4. Any regrets?
– of course not. it was stunning
5. What’s a wedding dress for you?
– Something far from reality.
Yael and I. on our wedding day. November 2011.